Purchasing & Shipping
Here is the ‘small print’ section of our website: the language may seem formal, but it’s not unfriendly, it’s just to help us navigate the seas of commerce together. Here’s to calm weather and easy voyages!I want you to be happy with your new art. If you have any questions please contact me in advance at email@example.com
Every care has been taken to show the artwork as accurately as possible with regard to size and colour. The image you see online may show a difference due to slight variation between browsers, devices and screen settings. Any variation between the image represented and the actual artwork is not deemed a fault and such inconsistencies will not be a valid reason for return.
How is my payment handled?
Payments are taken through PayPal in British Pounds Sterling. You do not need to have a PayPal account to purchase; you can use the PayPal service to pay with your regular debit or credit card. We do not store any of your debit/credit card details.
Paying by bank transfer
There is a checkout option to pay by bank transfer. This saves me credit card fees. If you select this option you will be emailed with details of how to pay. Please pay immediately as the artwork is marked as sold immediately and unavailable to others.
I have placed my order, how soon will I receive my artwork?
Most orders will be packed and shipped within 5 working days. Within the UK,pieces are sent by Royal Mail, Parcel Force, or courier, depending on size and weight. Most UK deliveries arrive within 2 days from time of shipping. Please allow 7 working days in total.
If you need delivery by a specific date, please contact me first to make sure it can reach you in time. There may be an extra charge for rush deliveries according to your requirements.
Can I collect my artwork from your studio?
Yes. I live near Carmarthen in south west Wales. Once you have placed your order I will email you and we can work out a time to meet.
At the current time, the Covid lockdown regulations prevent this at the moment, but I am happy to keep your paintings here ready for when we are allowed to move around more freely again.
Is Shipping included?
- For deliveries in the UK, most artwork has an estimated shipping cost based on the size of the work, to give you an idea of costs. These do vary due to the weight of the parcel and the value of the painting, so please contact me before purchasing. I will then contact you via email to confirm the shipping price before the artwork is dispatched.
– UK standard parcel delivery from £15.00
– UK large parcel delivery from £32.00
- For extra large paintings, shipping costs need to be quoted individually as some couriers have limits on dimensions or what they will carry, so please contact me before purchasing. I will then contact you via email to discuss specialist shipping options before the artwork is despatched.
- If you buy online first in order to secure the painting the shipping cost will be billed separately after agreement.
Note: At the current time shipping costs are varying significantly due to Covid-19 restrictions. If the actual cost of shipping is significantly more than quoted I reserve the right to discuss this with you and to refuse the sale.
Can you ship internationally?
- Yes, I can ship to most countries although it will take longer to arrive depending on your location.
- For deliveries outside the UK please contact me before purchasing, with your details and the piece you would like and I can give you shipping options.
- Overseas shipments (outside the UK) may be subject to import duties and taxes according to the laws of the destination country. Any additional charges are at the customer’s expense. We have no control over these charges and accept no responsibility for additional charges.
Shipping costs contribute towards packing supplies, labour and transit fees.
What if I want to cancel an order?
- If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Where they have been dispatched, you will need to return the item to us and you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the items.
- Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request our refund policy will apply.
What if my painting/lampshade arrives and I don’t like it?
- I want you to be fully happy with your new artwork so I offer a Buy-Back agreement.
- If a painting or lampshade is not as you expect, you have 14 days to contact me by email and request a refund.
- Items must be unused, in the same condition that you received them, and in their original packaging.
- Once a return has been agreed, you are responsible for packing and arranging return delivery using the same service it was sent to you.
- If you are returning an item you must use the trackable shipping service used to deliver your purchase, retain proof of postage, or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item
- Once the piece has been safely returned we will refund your payment within 14 days.
- The 50% deposit paid for commissioned items is to cover outlay for materials and design creation: it is non-refundable
What if my painting/lampshade arrives damaged?
- All work is carefully packed and wrapped. If you receive a work that has been damaged in transit, please contact us within 7 days and provide a photograph.
What about Overseas Returns?
At this time we are unable to offer a refund or return on any product(s) sent outside of the UK.
I think that covers it all – if you have any further questions please let me know before placing your order.
LAST UPDATED: January 2021